• 2011 Population: 37,369 (Rutland County Council, 2014)
• Area: 382 km2 (World Route Planner, 2014)
• Land Area Of East Midlands (%): 2.3%
• Carbon Dioxide Emissions 2005: 42.7 tonnes per capita (DECC, 2014)
• Carbon Dioxide Emissions 2012: 28.7 tonnes per capita (DECC, 2014)
• Local Carbon Dioxide Emissions Under The Influence Of Local Authorities 2005: 1541.8 kt CO2 (DECC, 2014)
• Local Carbon Dioxide Emissions Under The Influence Of Local Authorities 2012: 1061.5 kt CO2 (DECC, 2014)
• Key Climate Risks: Flooding from rivers and Surface water flooding
• Rutland County Council Climate Change Action Plan 2009
• Rutland Together
Have a look at the News and Resources tabs to see the work Climate East Midlands does to support local action.
12th February 2013
On 31st January we held another of our business resilience workshops, this time hosted by Severn Trent Water at the Leicester Water Centre. This workshop added new perspectives, with speakers from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and Severn Trent Water. As with the other workshops in this series, the aim is to help local businesses increase their resilience to severe weather and climate change.
2nd October 2012
A set of nine case studies is published today which illustrate how local authorities across the East Midlands are adapting to the changing climate, during this year of weather extremes. Every city and county in the region is featured in the set and the geographical differences highlight the different climate risks that are faced by urban, rural, upland and coastal areas. This new resource is one of the outputs from the £950k East Midlands Climate Change Skills Programme, supported by East Midlands Improvement and Efficiency Partnership.
3rd February 2011
The village of Market Overton in Rutland has greatly reduced its energy use and street lighting electricity bill by replacing its existing street lights with LED (light emitting diode) lights throughout the village.
Free workshop for businesses, on 31st January 2013.
The second national annual Climate Week kicks off in March - see what’s happening
An example Resource | (pdf 412kb)
Thematic Context document
An example with a description | (pdf 3.8MB)
This is a Hydro Power PDF document created by etc etc